Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Monday, December 11, 2006

Canada/Portugal Complete!

Swap Details:
Swapper1: Teresa Canada, North America
Swapper2:
Flor Portugal, Europe

Portugal to Canada
Flor sent me a wonderful package – it’s Christmas early here! She knew that I like birds, so she sent me a lovely themed package with several birds. I got some great bird-printed fabric, some bird stamps from all over the world (Zambia, Portugal, Angola, Brasil, Belgium), a little penguin with bubble bath in it (and a cow too), 2 different types of chocolate which were readily eaten! Some loose leaf tea, knitting patterns and 2 different types of yarn. She also made me a hat and scarf (very usful right now, it’s getting cold!) It was such a great package of wonderful stuff, I had difficulty choosing what I wanted to photograph. I ended up snapping a pic of the pretty necklace she made for me: bird themed, with a couple of budgies on it!
Teresa

Canada to Portugal
This was my second swap and it couldn't have been better. Teresa is such a dear, she sent me a lot of things that she knew that I would love: the last issue of Vogue Knitting magazine; this wonderful yarn in one of my favourite colours; a lovely rubber stamp; a book pet bookmark; stickers with cats ;-); a lovely felt pin, very good to use now in the Winter; lots of candies; tea bags; homemade stitch markers; and, finally, this really cute bear that I love and that she made herself. You can see it in the picture already at home between my books. Isn't he lovely? Thanks Teresa for the great package, I hope we can make another swap sometime.
Flor

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff, Swap, Exchange, International

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Wow, I didn't know you read Diana Gabaldon too! The little bear will feel quite at home with you :)

1:05 pm  
Blogger Flor said...

:-) And behind the bear there are some books by George R.R. Martin. I hope he also likes them ;-)

11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home