Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff
(beta release).



















The Background:
A new friend of ours from texas requested we send her a tin of Aussie Milo, and in exchange, she'll send some tex-mex for our enjoyment. When we received our much awaited package, it was like all our non-religious specific holiday celebrations had come at once. We wondered how we could share this joy with the world...

How it works:
1) Create a new post on your blog indicating what you'd like to swap, make sure you add a link to us too!
2) Add your link to our list of cultural ambassadors on the right. (If you don't see a space to add your details, click on the Gimme Your Stuff title bar to refresh the page).
3) Click other people's links to see what they want to swap, and contact them to organise your exchange.
4) Receive your cultural exchange and email us your pic and amazingly fantastic story.

The best will be published whenever we get around to it.
Tell your friends immediately, and happy swapping!

36 Comments:

Blogger ThomP said...

sure is

10:06 am  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

hehehehehe.

it's coming together nicely...

6:32 pm  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

cool idea!

3:42 pm  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Almost ready now...

6:10 pm  
Blogger Working Class Dan said...

Holy shit!

This is headed straight for novelty news item heaven. BBC news will come calling, Sandra Sully will do a special. You'll have to do interviews with all the big knobs.

Pretty soon you'll be contracted to sell Aussie wheat to the world. More money than ads or architecture.

7:28 am  
Blogger Rikki said...

Paging Steven Gutwein:

Could Steven Gutwein from North America please resend his link?

2:56 pm  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

All right. I'm in. So can we exchange anything?? Does it have to be cultural?

6:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a funny idea, I swapped a travel pack of vegemite with a Frog here not so long ago...

1:23 am  
Blogger elb said...

Hello!

Very interesting concept! But I have one question: You mention on your blog that this idea is meant to target just about anything, whereas on my blog you mention that its more targetted towards food?

I'm a wee bit confused here, I must say!

6:04 am  
Blogger Rikki said...

Hi Elb, it's been started with food as the main focus, but anything can be swapped really :)
Thanks Ben, sending vegemite to the unsuspecting world is generally my aim in life :)

8:28 am  
Blogger Rikki said...

Hi rrramone, you can exchange whatever you like, the basis of the blog is that it's cultural though, yes :)
You know, for learning and experiencing and that.
Are you gonna sign up or what?!

11:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Win a bottle of Mexico's finest hot sauce-- no exchange necessary. Just listen to music and take your best guess (given the context).

http://macksimpson.com/adverb/2006/05/06/10-new-tracks/

2:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advertising on OUR site mack???!
Cheeky monkey :)

11:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you guilted me into it:

Valentina is now spread-able to the world.

http://macksimpson.com/adverb/2006/05/03/sharing-my-testicles-with-the-world/

2:36 am  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

What saddens me: I look over most of this stuff and you can find it in the chinatown of almost any major metropolitan city. I know that Ghiradelli chocolate and Rice-a-roni are the San Francisco treat: the internet has made them so much closer. *sigh* Ain't in awful? ;)

9:23 pm  
Blogger rzdesign said...

Check out Zeidland

We are all linked up!

12:45 pm  
Blogger Olivier aubin said...

I really love the idea!héhé

a bientot

Bino (france)

http://binoland.blogspot.com/

7:19 am  
Blogger Natasha said...

Hi, I'm from singapore.
If anyone would like to exchange stuff from me, please mail me at incestbites@hotmail.com or visit me at http://natasha-a.blogpsot.com

10:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola!

I love the swapping idea! I fanyone wants to swap with me ,please let me know.I love crafting and knowing other cultures.
mvidrina@yahoo.es

marina from spain

3:44 am  
Blogger Pia: Proud Pinay said...

Count me in guys! Ready for swapping.

http://piariveramendoza.blogspot.com/


Do you Multiply too? To learn more about me visit

http://piariveramendoza.multiply.com/

7:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long does it take for name to come up on the list?

6:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do I go to add myself to the list?

I'm at http://gigalea.blogspot.com

Very interested!!!

2:41 am  
Blogger shoeswithsoul said...

I'd love to join:

http://cremedesoda.blogspot.com/

2:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to join this too!

http://fistsandfights.org

:)

3:59 pm  
Blogger Niccolò e Mariangela said...

I'd love to join too...

http://iloveswapping.blogspot.com/

Thanx so much!!!!

5:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I'm 24 years old and from Belgium.
I'm mostly looking for kawaii stuff and I'm willing to trade for all kinds of things.

Please check out my link (click on my name) to check out my gimme your stuff post!

Hugs from Belgium,
Cindy
bellega [at] gmail.com

11:42 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds really fun. I'd love to swap stuff.

Here's my link:
http://mayneverbeworthreading.blogspot.com/2008/10/gimme-your-stuff-please.html

12:08 am  
Blogger MaggieLynn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:42 am  
Blogger MaggieLynn said...

Hey All!

I am a student living in the United States (Montana-to be exact). I am working on a cultural exchange project and would love hearing from anyone and everyone willing to swap! I am interested in learning about as many cultures as I possibly can! Please contact me soon if you find yourself at all interested!
Let me know at:
http://mckenzielinsblogs.blogspot.com or email me at Versland@msn.com
Thanks!!

10:35 am  
Blogger sandysammy said...

Hi,

I'm a newbie blogger and I'm from The Netherlands.
Really like U to know, that this is a great idea! So what's the next step? Finding someone that wants to swap something with me?

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Novi said...

Hello Everyone,

Quick question: Am I supposed to already have a blog of my own, or do I set one up on the gimme your stuff website? Hopefully, the questions makes sense, since I don't know anything about blogs! Thanks for your help!

-Novi

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to join the swap. I'm from CT. Can someone please email me @ sinfullysweet79@aol.com and let me know how I can join. Thanks!

3:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

My name is Katie and I am currently living in Taiwan though I am moving to Singapore soon. I can offer all sorts of local specialities- just ask and I'll do my best to find an item for you! Please reply back to katied14110421@tas.tw with an answer!

Thank you for your time,

Katie

11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, i'm Marina. I'm from Albuquerque,New Mexico and I am very much interested in world culture and all of that fun stuff =) If anyone is willing to do a swap please contact me at: marinaleighann@gmail.com.Much thanks! This sounds like fun!

9:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any cheap ways to send packages? Please E-mail me! Blackanmusic@yahoo.com.

4:44 pm  
Blogger Marco Ewerton said...

Hi,

I'm working on a website for people to post offers and needs all over the world. The website is http://resourcesmap.de/

Check it out!

3:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home