Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Thursday, December 14, 2006

California/Portugal Complete

Swap Details:
Swapper1: Teresa Portugal, Europe
Swapper2: Sima California, USA

California to Portugal
Sima sent me some gorgeous kimono scraps. I am not sure I will ever dare DO anything to them, I am not worthy, but these are so beautiful to just look and touch and try to imagine how the original garment was like. I just love these. She sent some gorgeous stationery, an adorable handmade dragonfly notebook, a cute soap, pretty beads, yummy lipbalms, and sugar free sour candies in tins, which is just my vice ( tins as well. Love having tins to put things in). I was curious about Sharpie pens, and Sima sent me a dozen, fabulous colors, just hope I am able to control myself about where I try them! And last but not least at all, puppy goodness, a beautiful postcard and a fabulous scarf! Thanks so much again Sima!
Teresa

Portugal to California
I had a wonderful package from Teresa last week! It was full of Portuguese goodness, including a tea towel, Brazilian Mate tea, dark chocolate (YUM), a beautiful red yarn, buttons, and other wonderful things. The photo is of three excellent postcards she included with yummy sounding Portuguese recipes. I can't wait to try the chocolate & pear cake :)
Sima
[Note about the pic: I'm a developer of sorts at a science and technology museum in San Jose, California. My latest project has been this exhibit, View from Space, that uses a projection system to put images of Earth on a giant (5 1/2 feet across) sphere. The system is from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and is pictured showing the Blue Marble image that is so popular. But, it can also show data like last year's hurricane season, a simulation of the Indian Ocean tsunami, and even images of any planet NASA has sent a satellite past! The postcards are leaning up against a kiosk that allows our visitors to choose what they want to look at and even rotate the image. I call it the Master Control Station :)]

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff, Swap, Exchange, International

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home