Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Portugal/California Swap Complete

Swap Details:
Swapper1: Teresa Portugal, Europe
Swapper2: Babs California, USA

California to Portugal
Babs sent me a package which was just right and timely. She sent me some fabulous fabrics, one of which came just handy for a project I had to finish. I love the tshirt she sent me, weather cooperated nicely and got to wear it already. When she suggested sending me a Japanese jewelry book, of course I agreed because one can never have too many japanese craft books (don't dare to contradict me there or you will send me into an existential quandary), but when it got here it was about macramé of which I know nothing and meant to learn! To top it off, some lovely sour candies and some very bold lovely tictacs.
Loved it, thanks!
Teresa

Portugal to California
Another package filled with fun arrived at my door last week! This package is from Teresa in Portugal. I've said it before, and I say it again: I just love Portugal!
Teresa sent me all sorts of beautiful things. Tea towels, sweets, a children's book, a magnet, a mix CD of traditional Portuguese music, tea, trim, yarn, postcards, soap and an assortment of items with the Galo de Barcelos on them. My favorites? Teresa sent me a handmade bag & a pair of handmade earrings!! I've already put the bag and earrings to good use. I can't wait to listen to the CD and try the candy. I have big plans for the yarn.
Also in the package was another little treat: a vintage saco-guardanapo. There is a better photo of it to the left (it got covered by the CD in the photo above). The embroidery is exquisite!
MUITO OBRIGADA, Teresa! This is such a fantastic package. Thank you also for all your wonderful emails during the swap! =)
Babs

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff

3 Comments:

Blogger .. said...

eheh, Tania is innocent of the Galo de Barcelos attack, it was me doing this swap with Babs ( thank you again!). I think Babs and Tania did another swap right now but this packages are pretty familiar to me ;)

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed Rikki about this last night, Teresa. I'm sure she will fix the post. Thanks again for the Galo de Barcelos!! It's fantastic, I just LOVE stuff like that! :)

1:26 am  
Blogger .. said...

Glad you liked the Galo de Barcelos attack, it was fun indulging in that. And glad we can clear the good name of Tania´s taste ;)

3:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home