Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oregon/Japan Send some interesting pics!

Swap Details:
Swapper1:Anjali Japan, Asia
Swapper2:
Mariko Oregon, USA

From Oregon to Japan!
Soon after Mariko and I decided to have a t-shirt swap, I realized I already have way to many t-shirts and not enough cute bottoms to wear them with. Having seen and envied the seemingly billions of Japanese-pattern skirts Mariko has made, I asked if she's be willing to make me a skirt in exchange for some t-shirts. This skirt, to be exact. Happily, she said yes, and last week her package arrived, containing my new and amazing skirt.
Also included in the package were a vast array of American treats, not all of which are pictured here because I polished them off while watching X-Men 3 at my local movie theater. If there's anything better than sour Mike & Ikes at the movies, I'd like to know about it.
But the most thoughtful part of the package was this pair of earrings she made for me, which are supposed to look like Cubyrop! They match the skirt and do look very edible, I think. Hooray!You can see what I sent Mariko here. And while you're at it, check out Mariko and Kelly's cute-Japanese-craft-supplies shop, Superbuzzy!
Anjali

From Japan to Oregon
I was really excited to get a big blue package from swap queen extraordinaire ANJALI. Seriously, she should go into business as a professional swapper, because she has a sixth sense about what swap recipients want. It's a little spooky. So anyway, of course Anjali sent some candy, some black sesame-flavored Pocky and yogurt- and pineapple-flavored chews. Yum. I also requested another pink lip balm. Apparently there are two types of this lip balm--one that is a light pink and one that is a deeper pink. Anjali sent me the light pink one last time, so I was curious about the deeper pink one. It is incredible! I am totally sold on the deep pink one. She also sent another lip balm that is "shiny pink-beige".
But the piece de resistance? This swap was about T-shirts, my friends, and not just any old T-shirts! Japanese T-shirts! I want to wear the heck out of these T-shirts, but today was the last 80 degree day in Portland, maybe until next summer! I was even too cold to wear one today. Tomorrow the clouds and rain move in, and I can't go around thrusting my T-shirt designs into people's faces! But yes, I can layer. Maybe I should go look for some of those "layering tees" or "tissue tees" or whatever those things are called?
Merci,
Mariko

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home