Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Monday, September 11, 2006

Victoria/California Swap Finito!

Swap Details:
Swapper1: Babs California, USA
Swapper2:
Kwoozy Victoria, Australia

Victoria's goodies reach California
Kwoozy's package from Australia arrived today!!
What fun from the land down under!! Kwoozy sent a lovely tee with the Aussie flag, candies (including the ever important Crunchie bars), two little furry friends (a koala & an echidna - though I think echindas are more spiky in real life), and my favorite: a little tablecloth (tea cloth) about things found in Victoria.
I used to eat Crunchie Bars when my childhood friend would mail them to me when she went home to Australia. She's since grown up & moved away, and I've been pining for these super sweet treats ever since.
THANK YOU, Kwoozy for sharing a little piece of Australia with me. I've been dying to go for a visit some day, particularly since I'm always meeting such cool & wonderful Aussies during my travels. Some day...some day! =)
Babs

California's finest goes to Victoria
And from sunny California, is this lovely package from Babs. She sent me pretty fabrics and the cutest buttons. I am already envisioning fabulous things to make with them. Alright, they are fabulous in my mind, knowing me, they could turn out otherwise. No matter, I now have a good luck Japanese kame charm. I am supposed to keep the turtle in a coin purse, but I think I may put in on the sewing machine instead - a cute motivation for me to try again when the lines are not straight and the wrong corners are sewn :) Babs also sent me a ribbon, a colourful pen and a written note on a San Fran postcard. Thank you very much Babs!
Kwoozy

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home