Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Thursday, September 14, 2006

Canada/New Mexico swap FINALLY complete!

Swap Details:
Swapper1: JenBen New Mexico, USA
Swapper2: Teresa Canada, North America

Feared lost, Canadian package found in New Mexico
So at the beginning of August, I agreed to do a cultural swap with a very nice person in Canada (I believe the Toronto area). She received her goodies some time ago but the package bound for the southwest kept not arriving. Tee Gee, my swapping buddy, was already gathering a new package of stuff for me, fearing that the package was lost forever. (Isn't she sweet?) Then at the end of the week, a package arrived! Yay! It had wonderful things in it including the cutest material, some dragonfly ribbon, a Canadian patch, some beautiful beads, a jar of jam, a box of tea and some canadian candy! However, the two packages of candy were empty, I swear! I think it was those adorable little kitties on the material that broke into the gummi fruit and smarties (very different from US smarties). I mean, how else can I explain the missing candy? Certainly I did not eat all the candy as soon as the package got here! And I can only assume that the jam arrived intact because those little kittens did not have the dexterity to open the jar.
Anyway, thanks Tee Gee for all the wonderful Canadian treasures! I love them all!
JenBen

Meanwhile, this New Mexican package has been in Canada for ages...
Jen sent me a wonderful package - as soon as I opened the box I could smell the amazing soaps she sent (Juniper and "Mother Earth"). I also got 4 different printed fabric pieces, some "Honest Tea" and a cd! (not to mention to cans of Green Chilis - I can't wait to try them)! Teresa

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home