Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Thursday, September 28, 2006

California/France Swap Complete!

Swap Details:
Swapper1: Charlene California, USA
Swapper2: Emma Lille, France

Original French art goes to California.
A little bit of France came my way yesterday! Some original artwork from Emma, a French postcard, candy (whose wrappers I think I can actually read! Yay, for my high school French!), and, of course, some Nici! Yes, that's a world cup souvenir keychain, and isn't the monkey cute? If you can see the artwork (my other photos aren't very clear), it is entitled, "Nous vous observons: anti-terrorism takes many strange forms." I can't wait for my labmates to come back from the field so that I can share it with them; they'll love it!
These packages have made me remember my romp through Europe a few years back: the beautiful art, delicious food, and amazingly rich cultures. . . .sigh, maybe in an other year or two, I'll be able to make it back again.
Thank you Emma for sharing a little bit of France with a Californian. I hope you like your package as much as I like the one you sent me! As you can see from my picture, Emma's artwork was on exhibit for a few minutes at the Berkeley Art Museum. :)
Charlene

US friend gets to France.
Charlene's parcel was a little powerhouse of a package but packed with joy. Not everything is in the photo. She made my new purple friend herself, I now know the meaning of someone to hang out with.
Emma

Tags: Gimme Your Stuff

1 Comments:

Blogger koria said...

Hey umm I didn't find any contact info (and I am in a bit of a hurry so) just wanted to ask why I don't have a "NEW" written after my name on the list though I am new. Thanks.

koria.
http://ohsoordinary.blogspot.com

1:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home