Welcome to Gimme Your Stuff, the cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world. A conduit for many an international cuisine to change hands. A place where you can trade a newspaper from South Africa, or a CD from Finland. A place where we take no responsibility for anything anyone else does. A place where we are Changing the world with other people’s stuff. New? Check out our How-To.

    Please visit our buddies and keep Gimme Your Stuff going!







    I SHOP AT MODCHLOE!

    You can post, search, and meet here, you discuss and organise somewhere else, and we take ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY for broken agreements, international postage violations loss of privacy or anything else that may go on. We will not follow up any undelivered goods. Please check both countries' postage/quarantine laws before posting goods. ...just covering our arses.

    Email your fine stories & pics to us.

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Gimme Your Stuff

    Give us the gift of publicity! Copy this code and paste it into your template for a lifetime of happy feelings:

    Teeny

    Mediumish

    Big-like

    Rikki

    Thom

    Lori

eXTReMe Tracker


Thursday, July 27, 2006

Michigan/Japan Swap Success!

Swap Details:
Swapper1: Mel Michigan, USA
Swapper2: Rachele Japan

World dominating cats have made their way to Michigan.
Rachele sent two craft books I was looking for, and included a package of my husband's all-time favorite snack crackers. I don't *think* I told her that those were his favorites, but they are. They didn't last long enough to get a photo. I've spent the last day and a half planning out the projects I want to make from these books. Since the directions are in Japanese, which I don't read, it's a challenge, but a fun one (the dimensions are given in Arabic numerals, and there are lots of step-by-step pics).

Here are a couple pics of another cat - Cass this time - saying "You've looked at these craft books enough, Mom. Time to pay attention to me!" This is pretty typical of Cass when I'm reading, and these pics weren't staged. At some point, she seems to have decided that the only way to get enough attention was to lay across the books, completely blocking my access. That's okay, I'll read them more at work tomorrow. ;-) I want to add that it was a blast putting together her package, and I'd swap with her again in a heartbeat.
Mel

But, thankfully, the cats haven't made it to Japan.
Melissa and I agreed to swap some Japanese craft books (from me) for a travel-sized knitting
needle case and some adorable sushi envelopes. I thought that was a very generous trade on her part already, because she emailed me photos of fabrics and then made the needle case for me using the one I chose!

So imagine how surprised I was to find a package containing not only the needle case and
envelopes, but beaded stitch markers, wool wash, hand lotion, mints, moon pies (all you
Southerners out there know what I mean!), a knitting button, a knitting-friendly loop-less safety pin, a needle inventory chart, and a letter! All beautifully wrapped up. Woo-hoo! It made my day, to say the least!

I hope Melissa lets me know when she wants more Japanese craft books, as I'd love to swap with her again. Be sure to check out her blog and etsy shop!
Rachele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home